Evidence & Investigation
In-Class Field Trips for Grade Six Students
Kids love to work with evidence & investigation!
Working in small groups and using their “investigative kits”, students are taught various techniques which are used by actual crime scene investigators.
The students will observe our mock crime scene, read the “incident report” and using the skills they learn at our five evidence analysis stations, attempt to solve the crime. (SPECIAL NOTE: The crime is a nonviolent one, with no gore or violence.)
The skills learned will include fingerprinting, chromatography/handwriting analysis, track & soil analysis, fabric analysis and observation/identification.
Learner Expectations we aim to cover in this field trip:
Topic D: Evidence and Investigation
- GLE 6-8
- GLE 6-9
- SLE 1, 2, 3, 4
Field Trip Information:
Cost (does not include GST): $251.90 per field trip.
Number of Adult Helpers Required: 5
The field trip can’t run without these helpers.
Field Trip Length: 2.5 hours (we will be working through recess)
Facilitator will arrive approximately 3/4 hour before start time for set up.
- 5 tables with chairs for the students to work at
- an open floor space with a desk and chair to represent the “crime scene”
- access to one electrical outlet
- if more than one session is booked in a day, there is no option for moving between sessions. We MUST remain set up for the whole day, including the lunch hour.
- Please have helpers arrive 20 minutes before start time for briefing.