Field Trip Policies
We offer the convenience of a field trip coming to your school, saving you the expense of bussing and the time & inconvenience of taking your students out of the school. However, we are still considered a field trip and, as such, we have certain policies:
Field Trip Requirements
- The field trips will not run without the required number of adult helpers.
- We do not stop for recess.
- There is no eating during the field trips.
- Our Facilitators require at least 1/2 hour prior to the field trip to set up. They must have clear access to the presentation room.
- The field trip Facilitator reserves the right to terminate any field trip if it is perceived that our supplies and equipment are in danger of being abused.
- All bookings of the Awesome Bridges field trip must be in a ground floor room. If your school has indoor or outdoor stairs and no elevator or ramp, we are unable to deliver the field trip at your school — no exceptions.
A 10% Multi-Session discount is applicable on the following field trips: Senses, Rocks and Minerals, Awesome Bridges, Wheels and Levers, Light and Shadows, Mechanisms Using Electricity, Classroom Chemistry, and Evidence and Investigation. The discount is applied if two sessions are booked; and we remain set up for the same field trip, in the same school, on the same day, in the same room, with no teardown required for any lunchtime activities.
A 10% Early Bird Discount is applicable to all field trip sessions which are booked to take place before the Winter Break. This discount can be combined with the Multi-Session Discount for a savings of up to 20% off each session!
Maximum field trip enrollment is 30 students. If over 30 students attend on the day of the field trip, you will be charged a surcharge of $15 + GST per student to an absolute maximum of 32.
A $50.00 (+GST) cancellation fee will be charged for all field trips cancelled with between 15 and 6 business days’ notice. Cancellations within 5 days of the field trip will be charged the full amount of the field trip. There is no fee to reschedule your field trip to take place in the same school year.
Prices quoted are for schools within the Edmonton City limits. All other schools will be assessed an additional travel fee per visit. Please contact the office to inquire about our rates.
Other things to know:
- It really helps when everyone wears name tags, and when you as the teacher are able to freely move between the groups to encourage and to troubleshoot.
- Our Facilitators will contact the teachers by phone a week prior to the field trip to finalize requirements for field trips i.e. space, water, tables, arrival times.
- Payment is not required ahead of time – an invoice will be left with your school’s office on the day of your field trip(s), then you will have net 30 days to pay.
- If 2 or more field trips are booked on the same day it would be helpful if they are held in the same room.
Please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions or concerns.